Saturday, February 14, 2009

Rolls

Update to the update: I have gone back to making the recipe typed below and not the allrecipes.com one. They are both good though, can't go wrong either way!

Update: I don't really make this recipe anymore. Instead my go-to white roll recipe is:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-Dinner-Rolls/Detail.aspx The only thing I do differently is I don't use the 1/4 cup butter when shaping the rolls.

Dinner Rolls

1 1/3 cups warm water
1/4 cup sugar
2 T instant yeast
1 tsp salt (although I think it could use more but I don't know what that would do to the recipe)
2 eggs
4+ cups of flour (all purpose or bread flour, or you can sub in some whole wheat flour to make it more healthy. Luke says it tastes too healthy with the wheat!)

Mix water, sugar, and yeast and let sit for about 5 minutes. Mix in salt, eggs, and 3 cups of flour. Continue adding flour until it is smooth and dough pulls away from the sides of the mixer (but still sticks just a little bit to the bottom). Remove mixer attachment and let rise in mixer bowl covered for 30 minutes. Knead with a little more flour and shape and let rise for 30 more minutes. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

No comments: