Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How I make Pizza

I feel like I have perfected pizza making so I thought I would share my method.

First buy a pan like this or this.

Next buy frozen white bread loaves. I find these at Walmart made by Rhodes, but Kroger also sells a generic. You can similarly buy pizza dough from the bakery at Publix.

Start making your pizza.

About 4 hours before dinner, get out your frozen bread dough. Put it in a loaf pan and allow to defrost and rise. You can warm your oven a bit to speed up the process. Once you dough has risen, work it into a round shape. I roll it out for a while and then I start stretching with my fists and fingers. Just try not to pull it so thin it breaks. Spray your pan with non-stick spray, spread your pizza dough on it (you want it fairly thin), and put it in a 400 degree oven. Now watch your dough, if it starts forming bubbles, pop them with a fork. When it starts to get just slightly brown, pull it out of the oven.

Now for the toppings. Put on your sauce, a little cheese, your toppings, then a little more cheese. Throw it back into the oven and wait for the cheese to get just a slight bit brown and bubbly on the edges, at least 10 minutes in my oven. Pull it out and slice. You have a nice crispy crust and we really enjoy it. If you come to my house on Friday night you are almost always guaranteed to see us eating pizza!

No comments: