Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cinnamon Pork

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com when I was looking for something new to do with some pork tenderloins. I found this recipe and I think it turned out pretty good. I had made cookies just before and then plopped this in the oven and Ruthanne (my non-meat eater) said what smells so good? And, she followed through and has eaten a slice both times we ate it this week.

Here is the recipe (with my modified instructions):

* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons sherry (I just used a splash of balsamic vinegar)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 pinch garlic powder
* 2 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloins

I mixed the marinade together in a 8x11 pan and then plopped my tenderloins in there too and flopped then around a few times to get marinade all over. I let this sit in the fridge for about 4 hours, then baked in a 325-350 oven for about an hour. I let it cook in with the marinade and then we used the juice over the rice and pork. The cinnamon adds a different but good flavor. Luke thought it was a lot of different flavors together, but I really liked it and it was really tender.

No comments: