Thursday, March 24, 2011

Screaming

It seems to go in stages, but Paul (almost 2 now right?), still screams all the time. Gotta get in the carseat - scream, out of the carseat - scream, change diaper - scream, get dressed - scream, eat - scream, been screaming for over an hour now after his nap, despite holding him, etc. I still don't feel human. He does sleep through the night and the past week has been taking naps (count my blessings, right?). I'm just at my wits end. I'm tired of reading blogs where everything is hunky dorey. I want my life to feel that way, I want to be that way. I'm tired of listening to my child scream endlessly and cling to my legs screaming when I do ANYTHING. I don't like putting him in the playpen when I just can't handle the screaming any more, but I just don't know whats wrong. Anyone have any ideas, because I don't.

I'll probably take this post down shortly, but I think it will make me feel better to put it out there at least temporarily. Who knows, maybe it will make me feel worse.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Carla-
I'm sorry. It's been one of those weeks here- I know yours is all the time, but it will pass. Pray. That's the only thing I know to do when I'm feeling bleh. Dane has been crying over everything lately himself. Many times a day, I wish I could have some silent time to be alone with my thoughts. Take care! You're not alone. Much love!

Lisa said...

No, don't take it down. I think it's good to just GET IT OUT and say it how it is sometimes, ya know? Life isn't always hunky dory, and I bet those blogs that you read, they are having some kind of issue or trial going on too. It's refreshing in a way to know that other people have crazy kids at times. Hahha. Not calling your son crazy, but you know what I mean (hopefully).
If and WHEN you need a break, I'd be more than happy to babysit. I'm serious too. I KNOW what it's like to be at wits end..and it wasn't pretty. I don't care of while I'm babysitting all he is doing is screaming. YOU NEED A BREAK. sweetdreams88@gmail.com

Katie said...

Carla, I'm so sorry. I know exactly how that feels. Like nothing you do can make them happy and you just can't take it anymore. And, you know what? It is totally ok to feel that way. I hope you don't take down this post, because life isn't just perfect and happy all the time. And I guarantee those whose blogs only show thing Hunky Dorey-are filtering their posts and only putting up the good and hiding the bad.
I wish I has some good advice to help you with the screaming, but I don't. I have been reading a book that has a ton of great advice that has really been helping me lately. "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" Let me know if you want to borrow it. Of if you just need a couple hours break, I would be happy to watch all you kids, or even just Paul. Seriously!

Heidi said...

Before you take it down - my pediatrician says that when his four sons got to this phase they squirted them with a squirt bottle - like you would a cat for scratching a couch. He said they had to be over a year (addison does it now but only because she is testing her voice not because she's being annoying and wants a reaction) to understand the consequence, but that it cured the screaming phase of all of his kids. I don't know if you think it's mean, but I figure if the pediatrician recommends a little water in the face - it might be okay. I don't know because I still only have a 7 month old who I can't flick in the face for biting me when she nurses :)