Friday, March 25, 2011

Kettle Corn

Nothing like a little kettle corn to make life better, right? We're enjoying a movie (a little LDS flic called Turn Around) and I thought I'd throw some of our new favorite popcorn recipe together. Its super good. As Luke says, he doesn't even like popcorn, but he likes this.
.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup oil (I use coconut oil - the good extra virgin $$ kind, but any kind of veggie oil will work)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup popcorn kernels

Throw the oil in a big stock pot over medium high heat. Put in three corn kernels and wait till they all pop. Then sprinkle in the sugar and popcorn kernels and put on the lid. Alternate shaking and keeping the pot still every 3 seconds until most of the kernels have popped (you will notice it all of sudden stop popping as frequently). Take it off the heat and transfer it to a big bowl and sprinkle with a little salt. Next come tell me how much you love me for sharing this recipe with you!


Thanks for all the thoughts yesterday. We had a somewhat better day today until after nap time. Any thoughts on how to snap him out of a post nap funk?

3 comments:

Frances said...

We just ended our movie and popcorn. I will try that recipe next week! Nothing like movie night to solve frustrations...that usually works around here. I had the screaming problem with Lilian so I have no idea how to solve it. It aged me. With Rosie I just shoved a binky in her mouth 24/7 and that cured screaming, but it was just 'pick you poison' solution and that's too late for Paul now. Just know they will get older. I have to tell myself that a lot.

I can't believe Luke doesn't like popcorn!! That is news to me. It's because it gets stuck in his teeth isn't it?

Emily said...

When Jackson woke up grumpy from naps I would take them somewhere, like check the mail down the street, go to the store. This usually worked he would still be a little grumpy in the car for the first few moments, but the change of scenery helped. Now he doesn't take naps, so I don't have to worry about it anymore. I wish he still took naps.

Stephen said...

This is only my 2nd time to post a comment on a blog. The first was just moments ago as I reacted to Frances's April Fools joke. I guess now that I don't spend 10 hrs a day doing computer work for a living, I can find time for recreational "computering". I'm going out soon for some errand running..(we're going out) and I'm going to buy some coconut oil!