Thursday, October 21, 2010

School

Is going pretty well.  Ruthanne is having tons of fun with her subjects and we are actually getting everything accomplished.  This is a fun activity we did when we were learning about Columbus sailing to America.  Tin foil boats in the bathtub.

IMG_1780

IMG_1783 IMG_1785 IMG_1781

John is doing well in school too.  What is John’s school?  Learning to read of course!  He is doing awesome.  I wondered if he would do as well as Ruthanne, and he seems to be flying right along in our reading book.  I would highly recommend it.  There’s no fluff, its to the point, quick, no preparation needed (totally scripted for the teacher), and produced a really good reader in Ruthanne. 

What do I do with Paul during school?  Well, we do John’s school during Paul’s nap (since its 15-20 minutes tops).  I try to get Ruthanne’s school done in the morning and if Paul is behaving (i.e. somewhat quiet) then he can stay and listen to me read, play with toys, etc.  Lately he has been too cranky, seriously hollers even if I am holding him.  So, I have taken to putting him in the playroom (with John) with the baby gate up.  This way he has playtime (and has started being happy in there) and Ruthanne and I can fly through her schoolwork (so much easier without the boys distractions).

3 comments:

Frances said...

That is so great! You are supermom. I did that book with Lilian and now I tell everyone about it. I've just started with Rosie and she always looks forward to her reading lesson.

The Wilsons said...

Glad you liked the reading book. Its awesome huh?

And, definitely don't feel like supermom! Frazzled mom, maybe!

Jenée's Blog said...

We are using the same reading book with Zachary!!
I am so glad to hear that Homeschool is going well. :o)

P.S. I know what you mean by feeling "frazzled".