Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mexican Quiche

Its been a while since I shared a recipe. I made this for dinner last night for the first time in a LONG time! Its a yummy one served with some fresh diced tomatoes (how lucky am I to live in a place where you can get nice greenhouse tomatoes fresh from the farmer?).

Mexican Quiche

5 eggs
1/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup butter melted (I think you could just use 2 tbsps and be FINE!)
1 - 4 or 7 ounce can of diced green chiles
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion cooked in another tbsp butter
1 cup shredded cheese (pick your fave!)

Preheat oven to 400 and spray pie plate or 8x8 (or 9x9) pan and set aside. Beat eggs then add in flour and baking powder and wisk well. Add the melted butter, chiles and cottage cheese. Then add in the onions which have been sauteed in 1 tbsp butter and the shredded cheese. Then pour it into your prepared pan. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350 and cook for another 25-30 minutes. Serve warm. It also reheats well (I had some leftovers for lunch).

No comments: