Thursday, January 28, 2010

The cutest thing EVER!

Paul clapping!  He learned to do this a week or so ago and its too cute!  He finally did it in front of the camera!

 

Things have been pretty quiet lately, thankfully.  Ruthanne has a piano recital Saturday and I’m not sure if she is actually going to do it or not.  I’ve offered an American Girl book, but she wanted to clean without me asking instead to get it, I said no way!  So, I’m not sure if bribing is the way to go?  Any advice?  I also have to threaten her to get her to do scriptures, talks, and prayers in primary.  She hasn’t always been like this.  I want to blame it on seeing other kids who wouldn’t get up and do things in her old primary class, but I’m not sure.

Anyhow, here are a couple more pictures I haven’t posted yet:

IMG_1336

IMG_1323

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Bribing doesn't work anymore with us... mostly. With Corbin's wrestling, we told him to try out the competition so he can begin to experience different things in life. He still attends practices but we're not pushing the competition too much. We're giving him the choice at this point since he's still young. All kids like to be praised. Have someone different besides mom tell her how proud they are of her and that they think she'll do a great job on her talk or whatever. If she is too nervous to perform at the recital- give her the option (at least right now) to do the recital or have a family recital this year to practice for the real one next year. We'll come for the family one, just tell us when and where. :) Just my thoughts. With my experience with Hunter, You have have to outsmart the smart ones. :)

The Wilsons said...

You know, she would actually probably be fine as long as there was no one she knew there. That is how it is at church. Say at the primary program, if she see's us looking at her, then she tries to hide. Maybe I should ask her if she wants to do it without us? Of course at the moment I can't even really get her to talk to me about why she is nervous about it!